- Maruti Suzuki India Ltd will recall as many as 33,098 units of its Alto car to inspect and replace the right hand door latch assembly manufactured between 8 December and 18 February. Maruti will recall 19,780 units of the Alto 800 and 13,318 units of the 1000cc mini car Alto K10.
- In a big boost to its manufacturing capacity, paints major Asian Paints Limited, yesterday signed up for its proposed Greenfield plant near Visakahpatnam with an outlay of Rs 1750 crore. The project takes about 4-5 years to complete, which includes about 12 months to secure various mandatory clearances. It would employ about 700 people and also create other ancillary units in the region
- India has revoked a patent on German pharmaceutical company Boehringer Ingelheim's lung drug Spiriva and ruled in favour of domestic drugmaker Cipla Ltd, in the latest setback for a multinational drugmaker operating in India. Spiriva is a respiratory drug used in the treatment of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
- ABG Shipyard plans to focus on the more lucrative defence shipbuilding orders and exit from commercial shipbuilding business eventually. This is part of its plans to restructure operations, post entering corporate debt restructuring last year. The company has close to 42 orders for commercial ships, of which most are in the oil and gas industry. The value of these orders stands at a staggering $2.3 billion. However, with softening of demand in the global markets, the company saw a series of order cancellations leaving a huge inventory pile up.
Intraday Stock To Buy Today
- Havells India Ltd has a bullish breakout setup. We recommend a buy above Rs 290 with the stoploss of Rs 274 for the target of Rs. 314
- We recommend a buy in Exide Industries Ltd above Rs 183 with the stoploss of Rs.177 for the target of Rs.191.